Black Pepper Steak
- 8oz beef tenderloin, flank steak, or flap meat, thinly sliced
- 2 ½ tbsp cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 small orange bell pepper, deseeded and cut into pieces
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
For The Marinade
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a ziplock back and marinate for 15 minutes to an hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the beef until it is browned on the outside but still pink on the inside. Dish out and set aside
- Heat the remaining cooking oil in a wok, or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger until aromatic, then add the bell peppers, onion, and black pepper. Stir-fry until you smell the aroma from all the ingredients.
- Transfer the beef back into the wok, or skillet. Stir-fry until the beef is cooked through, and the center of the meat is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice.