Simple Sesame Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- brown rice and vegetables for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Toss chicken with salt, pepper, and flour. Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil to skillet, once hot add chicken on a single layer. Cook until seared and golden on one side, then flip an cook until golden again, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth mixture over top and toss to coat.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cover with sesame seeds.
- Serve with veggie of your choice and brown rice.