Bang Bang Chicken
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup Panko*
- ½ cup vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp hot sauce
For the sauce
- To make the sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and hot sauce, in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then dregs in panic, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to skillet and cook until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer yo a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with sauce.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb, and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.